Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Leveraging space and time

As a temporary diversion from the topic of leveraging thinking processes, it may be time to think about leveraging time and space. Time and space? How do you leverage abstractions over which you have no control?

I started this post well over a week ago, still working at my desk in the den at home. Then my wife and I started a driving trip to the East Coast, and I realized what I had imagined: you leverage time and space by using it - by getting outside the daily box, by breaking up the routine, by hitting the road. And the destination does not have to be earth-shaking - a visit to your folks, dinner with friends, perhaps a stop at someplace you've always wanted to see (like Fallingwater in PA). That may be all it takes. Restorative for personal perspective, if not for the soul. Highly recommended.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment