Friday, February 12, 2010

A Hundred Year-Old Gift to the People of St. Paul

How can I have lived here for 12 years and never visited this library?

As a marketer, an educator, and a citizen, I have been missing one of our city’s finest gems – the James J. Hill Business Reference Library, in the same building as the St. Paul Central Library on Rice Park.

This vault-ceilinged, classic room is complete with reference resources from every imaginable industry, and a bank of computers loaded with free access to an incredible wealth of online information. But the best resource of all is the on-duty reference librarian, who will find out what you need and guide you to the right link on the computer that puts a wealth of information at your fingertips.

I spent a rewarding 90 minutes in the library today; I’ll be back.

The Hill Library is supported partly by voluntary contributions. I am planning to make one.

No comments:

Post a Comment